Thunder

I have thunder thighs. It's obvious now that I tried getting into an old pair of jeans. Sigh. The trials and tribulations of my life. If it's not having sore elbows, it's having trouble getting into jeans. If it's not snagging rain pants on the bike, it's fleece jackets riding up your hips (which fortunately aren't yet thunderous).

The rain is good for the crocus bulbs I planted. The rain is good for the crocus bulbs I planted. The rain is good for the crocus bulbs I planted. The rain is good for the crocus bulbs I planted. The rain is good for the crocus bulbs I planted. The rain is good for the crocus bulbs I planted. The rain is good for the crocus bulbs I planted. The rain is good for the crocus bulbs I planted. The rain is good for the crocus bulbs I planted. The rain is good for the crocus bulbs I planted. The rain is good for the crocus bulbs I planted. The rain is good for the crocus bulbs I planted. The rain is good for the crocus bulbs I planted. The rain is good for the crocus bulbs I planted.

If I keep telling myself this, then I might just convince myself that it's a joy and privilege to be riding a bike in the rain. I feel like going home to sleep my life away but I suspect that bedsores would be the most likely result.

I have things to replace, but feel too poor to actually replace stuff. And now I have thunder thighs and need to get new jeans. And a haircut.

"Pwore! Pwore! Do you think, Mr. Rochester, that because I am Pwore! I lack feelings and the desire for the finer things in life?!"

However. Be that as it may. Walaubagaimanapun.

I shall take a deep breath and freeze the Mastercard (like Luke who misunderstood the term frozen assets and put his savings into a glass of water then into the freezer) until the next spending cycle.

Except for the following items: MH2542 (dreaded 7am flight) and a arm pocket for my Nexus 5 - although were I to get a Nexus 6, then I'd save on having to get it). And a pair of jeans that will go over the TTs.

But wait - the pre-orders for the N6 are already sold out. How's that possible I ask? Ah well, Forced. Savings.

Dr. J would be proud of me, I bet.

Speaking of which - even though I'm in my I don't give a feck years now - I've been saying too much about several topics and so shall resolve to stop. I shall not speak, nor make any comments (except sincerely supportive ones) about:


  • Ponce de L (although I may well continue to look for S de Ponce).
  • Mr. BoS (which doesn't stand for Boston nor Boss, although I may well go look at Boss suits at Holts - Look, I said "look" not buy).
  • The relative state of my finances (although I shall continue obsessing over them to make them less relative).
  • The state of the sun here and elsewhere and especially not build up any harapan for cahaya matahari (in the physical and metaphorical sense).

After all, it's none of my business, and it behooves me to wish well.

Instead, I shall continue logging in with my passwords which I will not change, I shall look for a sound box that is returnable or that can be borrowed (not burrowed). I shall continue examining electronic gee-gaws while saving for to pay back a loan, buy a mattress, pay for a dental procedure, boots and a trip to Paris. It's been an expensive few months and I'm just digging myself out of the financial hole that I'm in.

I also need to edit something that I don't want to edit but have to because it's good for me and will back up the lunch that so and so is having with so and so who's the boss of so and so who may have much impact on the way I end my life...speaking of which, must also make an appointment to go over some visuals.

Thursdays have become dead days in some ways and maybe the best thing I can do is to utilize it in other ways so that even if work isn't accomplished, other things are accomplished.

Tonight I shall:


  • visit Mrs. W
  • find the rest of my NFC tags
  • throw things out from the storeroom
  • put paper into the bin to keep the worms warm
  • wash the whites and clean the laundry machine at the same time
  • sweep and mop the floor
  • deposit a cheque
  • make arrangements to buy sacks of soil to prepare for the last of the order for Botanus


There - that should do it. I'll feel better about myself if I can do this - and that's what this is all about isn't it?