It is in my nature that what I don't understand, I cannot have empathy for, and therefore do not sympathize, and merely become irritated with it. Very simple: Understand, empathize, sympathize and all is well with the world. However, if I don't understand, I can't empathize, and so won't sympathize. To wit:
- Why do the waste trucks have to pick up go East-West in my area and therefore approach my building multiple times to create noise. Why, more to the point do they have to start around my building at 6 am? Even more irritating, why do the companies not coordinate their pickups and take the recycling alongside the rubbish? What moron came up with this schedule?
- Why is it that when i should be sleeping - say late at night - I cannot, but when it comes to wake, I promptly fall asleep at the sound of the alarm?
- Why is it that I cannot be satisfied with all that I have?
- Why do I have this ridiculous need to understand - because I then start analyzing, and we all know where that leads - yes, all together now, MADNESS.
- Why can I not accept and be done with it? Much like the good doctors across the street - "We don't care how it works as long as it works!"
- Why must my brain chemistry be so susceptible? My thoughts are fried and I can't concentrate.
- Why are there so many applications to be written?
- Why must the system be so complicated, and have such different formats?
- Why am I in this particular tangle at this point in my life? Why this year in particular?
- Why do I have to go to the dentist tomorrow for teeth scraping?
- Why, oh why, oh why did I agree to help boost the careers of others?
- Why can there not be more certainty? Perhaps more to the point, why didn't I train for a 9-5 job and forget about work at 5.01?
So. Today. Some reminders:
- The groundwork has been done for gLNPs so the effort involved in laying this to rest will be minimal.
- The groundwork has also been done for the conundrum talk so again the effort will be minimal.
- CRC 8 is being taken care of by two HQPs.
- Little Chinese hands are taking care of the Little Black Absolute.
- I will plan my escape today.
- There is only one week left, and I can put all the papers away.
- The Inveon files can go to hell for another 10 days - feck them all.
- My plan is to head out at 6, be back at 715 and breathe deeply until 9.
- My mantra for the day: 6-715-9
Must. Care. Less. Or. Not. At. All.