Monday Rant

It is in my nature that what I don't understand, I cannot have empathy for, and therefore do not sympathize, and merely become irritated with it. Very simple: Understand, empathize, sympathize and all is well with the world. However, if I don't understand, I can't empathize, and so won't sympathize. To wit:


  1. Why do the waste trucks have to pick up go East-West in my area and therefore approach my building multiple times to create noise. Why, more to the point do they have to start around my building at 6 am? Even more irritating, why do the companies not coordinate their pickups and take the recycling alongside the rubbish? What moron came up with this schedule?
  2. Why is it that when i should be sleeping - say late at night - I cannot, but when it comes to wake, I promptly fall asleep at the sound of the alarm?
  3. Why is it that I cannot be satisfied with all that I have?
  4. Why do I have this ridiculous need to understand - because I then start analyzing, and we all know where that leads - yes, all together now, MADNESS.
  5. Why can I not accept and be done with it? Much like the good doctors across the street - "We don't care how it works as long as it works!"
  6. Why must my brain chemistry be so susceptible? My thoughts are fried and I can't concentrate.
  7. Why are there so many applications to be written? 
  8. Why must the system be so complicated, and have such different formats?
  9. Why am I in this particular tangle at this point in my life? Why this year in particular?
  10. Why do I have to go to the dentist tomorrow for teeth scraping? 
  11. Why, oh why, oh why did I agree to help boost the careers of others?
  12. Why can there not be more certainty? Perhaps more to the point, why didn't I train for a 9-5 job and forget about work at 5.01?
So. Today. Some reminders:

  1. The groundwork has been done for gLNPs so the effort involved in laying this to rest will be minimal.
  2. The groundwork has also been done for the conundrum talk so again the effort will be minimal.
  3. CRC 8 is being taken care of by two HQPs.
  4. Little Chinese hands are taking care of the Little Black Absolute.
  5. I will plan my escape today.
  6. There is only one week left, and I can put all the papers away.
  7. The Inveon files can go to hell for another 10 days - feck them all.
  8. My plan is to head out at 6, be back at 715 and breathe deeply until 9.
  9. My mantra for the day:  6-715-9
Must. Care. Less. Or. Not. At. All.