Of pots and plants


A wilting lavender hides from the rapacious bees
Lists:
  • Cyclists who don't know what they're doing
  • Motorists who don't share the road
  • Pedestrians who are oblivious
  • People who are generally arrogant and have a strong sense of entitlement
  • People who are demanding but are not willing to lift a finger to help
  • People who don't bother saying Thank You
May the 7th circle of Dante which I believe (because I can't be arsed to check) consists of mortal souls being pickled in hot brine while in sight of cool fizzy water be your fate. 



That is all I have to say about you because you're not worthy of further attention. 

Where do I go from here?
There are several things I need to do today:

  • Go for a solitary run in the sun
  • Deadhead the matthiola who desperately need attention
  • Deal with three pressing items on my work list
  • Set up a notification on my e-mail box telling people to bugger off
  • Find a cool, quiet place which is devoid of all humanity for a nap
  • Get some serum to settle the inflamed cells on my face
  • Tell Satan to get him behind me once and for all
  • Rub MM's face in it
  • Find an electrician; send Dr. C an e-mail - the two are linked
  • Settle my mind (done when the above is done)
  • Settle my soul (done when I can accept that I'll never accomplish the above) - actually if I do all that, I may as well be flamed and turn into ashes which can then be scattered from a high to blind the populace with my personal haze
  • This is what happens when you're not appreciated, and your brilliance is not recognized
  • The gap? Mind the gap. Ha. I am the gap
  • I must also shave but not too closely so as to not inflame those damn cells any more
  • Get more shredded paper and pick up some dead leaves to give the worms a nice little home to crawl into when it gets too hot or wet
  • Get over FOMO

What awaits me in the festering dark?
If I had a cosmic wish for today, it would be that I get a clearly delineated, no arguments about the result possible, positive result that proves me right. You notice that it has to prove me right. I don't care for answers that are positively clear and right, but which prove me wrong. To the 7th circle of hell with you too. 

Clarity, definition and certainty - that's what I want this week. Will I get it? I doubt it - not where my life is going at the moment - which is the  summer doldrums when applications have to be completed, politics fought, and festering obligations taken care of.


Feh. It's going to be a long, dry and arid summer.